BuddyBackup Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » BuddyBackup Forum » Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBuddyBackup Guest mode

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Super Buddy
Super Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BuddyBackup Guest mode
    Posted: 12/August/2009 at 11:04pm
I cannot login with the guest mode. It serves me the following error:
Cannot connect to buddybackup.com to create your account. Please check your internet settings and try again.

I tried it with and without the 'normal' BB program closed and I am pretty sure my password is correct.

So I thought, lets see what the "Forgot your password?" option does. After filling out my user name or e-mail address, it shows the same error message.

The normal BB program is able to login (automatically) and I can see another buddy online. BB version 1.9.3.2 on Vista and XP (on the same network, behind NAT, with different port numbers).

An other small error I noticed, I opened the guest mode on my Vista PC without closing the normal mode. However, there was a update of BB. BB provided some kind of error that it could not update. Something like a notification to close the other BB window would be better. It is not a big issues because restarting BB, with the normal and guest mode closed, automatically installed the update.
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2009 at 9:51am
Hi Niels,

We did do a server upgrade last night and the server was offline briefly.

This also coincided with an update to the software. Because of the update, BuddyBackup may have not been able to connect until it was auto-updated.

Am I right in saying, you've now seen the update run successfully?

If so, can I ask, have you tried running guest mode now BuddyBackup has auto-updated?

Just on a seperate note, the password remind feature is a newly item added. Users who created accounts before 12th August 2009, won't have their passwords saved on our server. See here for more details.
Niels View Drop Down
Super Buddy
Super Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2009 at 10:45am
BB is updated successfully (software version 1.9.3.2).
Thanks for the info concerning the password remind feature.

However, the guest mode is still not working. If I enter a wrong password, BB informs me that it is wrong:
Your password was incorrect. Please try again.

If I enter my password correctly, I still provides the same error message, knowing:
Cannot connect to buddybackup.com to create your account. Please check your internet settings and try again.

Is this a BB error, or do I do something wrong?

Edit: I have never tried guest mode before, so I don't know if it is related to the update.
John View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Head of development

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2009 at 11:14am
Hi Niels,

OK, we've tracked this one down. It was a problem at our end, which hopefully has now been fixed.

Can you have another try and make sure you're happy that it works?

John
Niels View Drop Down
Super Buddy
Super Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2009 at 12:00pm
It works, logging-in and restoring. Nice job!
John View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Head of development

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2009 at 12:20pm
Great! Glad to hear it.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,

John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic