BuddyBackup Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » BuddyBackup Forum » Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDeleted files

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Super Buddy
Super Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deleted files
    Posted: 12/September/2009 at 5:14pm
In the back-up status view I see files with a 'clock' on its icon, that do not show up in the "Files in need of backup" on the Home tab. None of these files is backed up (not even locally).
I assume the back-ups are deleted by the "automatically remove backups older than" setting (which is set to 30 days). However, the files are not deleted from the backup status view. It is kind of useless to see files that cannot be restored :).

Something else, the backup status view is not always convenient arranged. The folders and files are not always sorted alphabetical. Because of the "list view" of files, it is difficult to find the correct file between a couple of files with long file names. A "details view" like in the Windows Explorer would be a great benefit. If it allows you to sort the files by filename, create date, remove date, etc. it would be easer to find a file.

John View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Head of development

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2009 at 9:56am
Hi Niels,

Thanks for the great feedback.

With regards to the backup view, it sounds like you've spotted a bug. What this probably is, is files which have got slightly out of sync. These are completely harmless.

If you want to try and fix them, try the following:

1. Exit BuddyBackup by choosing "File" then "Exit"
  2. In Windows, Click "Start"
  3. On XP click "Run..."

OR

On Vista click in the search box

4. Enter the following:

C:\Program Files\BuddyBackup\BuddyBackup.exe -clean

5. Press OK
This will perform a self check. This may take a while to run, but hopefully should remove these incorrect entries.

With regards to your second point, this is an excellent suggestion. I will make sure this gets added to the development roadmap.

Regards,

John
Niels View Drop Down
Super Buddy
Super Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2009 at 6:55pm
Thanks John, it worked.

One other small thing. If you browse through the "Files in need for backup" on the home tab, it refreshes (I assume) automatically approximately every 5 sec. and thereby jumps back to the first files in the list. This makes it almost impossible to see the files at the bottom of the list by a long list. (I understand that it is not a very important function, but it is kind a useless this way)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic