BuddyBackup Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » BuddyBackup Forum » Share Backup Space
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So, how does this work then?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Pro Buddy
Pro Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shuckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So, how does this work then?
    Posted: 16/November/2010 at 11:58am

Hi everyone

I can't help but notice a distinct lack of posts here.  Do we just publicly post the user names that we have set in the application so we can add each other as buddies?

Cheers

shuckie

andreas.mattisson View Drop Down
Pro Buddy
Pro Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andreas.mattisson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2011 at 7:49am
Searching for people in Europe (near Sweden) that want to share backup space.
shuckie View Drop Down
Pro Buddy
Pro Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shuckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2011 at 10:45am
Hi Andreas

Best of luck finding people near you to share backup space.  As you can see I posted my message almost a year ago and you're the first person to reply to my post!  Here's hoping someone proves me wrong soon... Wink

shuckie
andreas.mattisson View Drop Down
Pro Buddy
Pro Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andreas.mattisson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2011 at 5:22pm
shuckie should we give it a try?
mberickson54 View Drop Down
Pro Buddy
Pro Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mberickson54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2015 at 6:03pm
I am currently interested in backing up with another buddy, I currently contribute 512GB of backup storage.

My BB account is MBErickson54

I must warn you I only check on the weekends, so it may be awhile before I confirm a new buddy.
bobgrosh99 View Drop Down
Buddy
Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobgrosh99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2015 at 3:27pm
I added MBErickson54 and after a few hours you went from Needs permission to Connected. It seemed to work for a while. Now it says you have 0 KB free and has reverted to "Need permission"
Buddy
Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobgrosh99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2015 at 3:34am
Thanks Michael
You now show 456.6 GB free on my main PC here in Florida.

I also added you on a PC I am testing up in Alabama. That one shows 0KB free. That is fine, as once I have everything working I will change the user name on that one. It is at a TV station I produce. I'll set up a separate account for them later.

So far I have three buddies here, one in Alabama and one in Texas, plus a USB drive. I'm using remote desktop to monitor BuddyBackup and everthing seems to be functioning as needed. I'll be backing up thousands of MP4, FLV and WMV video files. The use of external USB drives as a buddy seems to be the key to making this possible, I estimate it will take weeks to complete the initial back up of a single studio's audio and video files. Recovering them would be just as slow. Having Full Sync on local USB's will make recovery time reasonable and that is important when trying to get back on-air. BB simply means I feel a lot safer because I will have two off site backups should there be a disaster like a lightning strike or hurricane. In which case, the guest mode of BB will let me rebuild the computers remotely and ship them to the station by the time other repairs are made.

Another great thing about BB is that when we cut a new spot and save it, we don't have to wait till the next scheduled old style backup at midnight. Instead we will have two offsite copies and an external USB copy locally in just minutes after saving the spot.

Seems you have thought of everything.

I've searched for years for the perfect backup solution, finally found it.
jasdjensen View Drop Down
Buddy
Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasdjensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2015 at 4:19pm
I wouldn't mind trading some backup space with someone.  username jasdjensen

Only caveat.. this thing seems fairly unsupported at this point.

EDIT:  I have about 100gig to backup.  Sharing about 500 gig.
Buddy
Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobgrosh99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2015 at 8:09pm
I added you. You show as Offline. When I see you online, I will try the chat. I tried it with another buddy that was on line but the connection test on his PC fails and that might be why. Even though we can back ups to each other, our backups are slow.
jasdjensen View Drop Down
Buddy
Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasdjensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2015 at 11:53pm
Okay.. I'll get on line so we can try.  Not sure if I'm going to stick with BuddyBackup since the development seems to be stopped.

Edit:  I see you online for about a second.. then offline again... then a minute later on for a second.  Not sure what's happening.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic