BuddyBackup Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » BuddyBackup Forum » General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - F.R . "Out of backup space" Backup Status required
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

F.R . "Out of backup space" Backup Status required

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ultra Buddy
Ultra Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber Computers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F.R . "Out of backup space" Backup Status required
    Posted: 04/February/2012 at 4:58pm
Hello,

BB needs an out of backup space Backup Status message, on the Home page, such as "No more backup space on your Buddies PC(s). Contact your Buddies to increase their Backup/Shared space" (maybe these should be in red).

Currently if a Buddies PC is out of space and I attempt to backup another file the Backup Status is displayed as either:

Waiting for * file(s) to be ready before backing up.

OR

Can’t backup locked file(s) (this continues to be displayed after the file has been closed).

The 'Files in need of backup' queue then continues to grow and it took me a while to figure out that the actual problem was that my Buddy was out of space.

The GUI could also be improved in the following ways:

1. Make the amount of free space reported in the Buddies right hand column dynamic and display in red if there is not enough free backup space.

2. Remove the Hide option so that the ‘Shared space used’ is always visible’. This is the only indication on the PC that the data is being transferred to that there is a problem, so should not be hidden. This is of particular importance to those who wish to use BB as a backup solution for their customers like myself.

I have a number of suggestions more relevant for Businesses wishing to use BB, but I will put them in a separate Topic (hopefully some of these can be included in the current version as they would be relevant to home users to).

Regards
Paul

John View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Head of development

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2012 at 9:16pm
Hi Paul,

These were some great suggestions and we've just added a few of them to the latest patch available now.

* The main screen now shows a warning when backup can't proceed because a Buddy has no space.
* The "shared space" bar is now always visible so you can quickly see when you have run out of backup space to your buddies

Regards,

John
Amber Computers View Drop Down
Ultra Buddy
Ultra Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber Computers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2012 at 7:54pm
Thanks very much.

Paul
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic